If you are interested in this position, please make sure to carefully read this entire journal.
If you find yourself skipping over stuff, come back later!
Note that no one accepted from this opening is guaranteed the ability to make guest adoptable sets.
Since MYO slots are opening up soon- and because I know some users have trouble designing their own MYO's- I am seeking a couple of highly-motivated and enthusiastic Official Mothcats Artists
for the convenience of our members. What you will have to do:
- Meet a certain quality standard
- Work with Mothcats
MYO slot owners to help design their Mothcat (you can do this for free
and/or as a commission
- Verify ownership of the MYO slot prior to accepting the request/commission
- Clarify upon "completion" of the design that all MYO designs must to be approved by ShinyCation
- Draw for Mothcats
events and activities (sometimes)What you will get in return:
- Receive certain perks which are further outlined in the next section
- Earn the Official Artist
title and associated sticker for your Mothcat User ID:
Position Details Minimum Quality Standard for Official Mothcats Guest Artists
- Have access to a digital art program
- Designs must have clean lines with flat coloring saved as a .PNG
- Have a reasonable turnaround time (<4 weeks)
- Maintain a friendly and professional attitude when communicating with your commissioner
- Be open-minded and prompt when communicating with your commissioner
- Be willing to make changes as desired by your commissioner
- Quality standard cannot be lowered regardless of payment  Process of Designing for Free
- Complimentary Mothcat bases will be provided for optional use
- Official guest artists who are open to designing MYO's for free may receive the following perks (upon ShinyCation
-- Complimentary MYO slots and/or trait changes of varying rarities based on contribution to the group
-- Payment by ShinyCation
based on contribution to the group  Process of Accepting Commissions
- No additional incentives are provided for commissioned MYO designs
- Commissions must be fairly priced
with provided examples of previous designs
- Pricing does not have to be reviewed by ShinyCation
prior to posting
- Complimentary Mothcat bases cannot be used
- Bases of the artist's creation may be used but should be accounted for in pricing
How to Apply
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be a Mothcats
member with a Mothcat Bank
. Please fill out the following form and sent it via note to ShinyCation or the group.
No application submitted to this journal will be looked at!
(And it will be counted against you since I'm looking for people who can read and follow instructions.)Preferred Name
: Not required but preferred. Are you available for contact via Skype or Telegram?
Not required but preferred. Examples of Art/Designs
Note that previous professional records may positively or negatively affect every applicant. I am going to be picky with guest artists. Not everyone will be accepted. Artists accepted through this application will have to approve and sign a contract in order to complete the process.
Questions and concerns can be posted here or inquired via note to ShinyCation
or the group. (Consider this unnaturally formal artist opening as good practice for real life.)